Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Blog And Why I Write

This survey is from the State Of Denmark blog.

My AP Literature and Composition students are working on their senior presentations. I have promised them that I too will complete a research project. This blog has been a huge part of my project, as I am researching why people blog. I have read several articles pertaining to my topic, but I would love to gather as much information from “real live bloggers”, if at all possible. So, if you are willing to participate, I have a few questions I would love to ask you. Perhaps we could make this a meme and you could post in on your on blog and just leave a link under my comments…..

1. How long have you been blogging?
Since November 19, 2009
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started as a way of dealing with my dad's sudden death in October
3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
I enjoy both expressing myself through writing and having other people read it.
4. How many times a week do you post an entry?
I had been posting about twice a week. I've gotten behind on writing due to a class I've been trying to keep up with.
5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
I'm not reading very many blogs right now. I've found some good ones that are inspiring that I need to devote more time to reading.
6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?
I have a few.
7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Is so, are you satisfied with your numbers?
Yes, I keep track. I'd like to see more visitors to my blog.
8. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote?
The one I wrote on Christmas Eve 2009. I had said because I wasn't going to spend Christmas with my sister, I was going to spend it with friends. I ended up staying home by myself. I should have posted a follow up explaining this, but I didn't.
9. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
I hope they do.
10. Do you blog under your real name?
No, I feel more comfortable using an alias. It gives me the feeling of being more free to be honest in what I write. The people's names that I mention have also been changed. All of the experiences I write about are real, though.
11. Are there topics that you would never blog about?
Yes, there are topics that I think would be inappropriate for this type of blog.
12. What is the theme/topic of your blog?
This blog is where I want to share with you my musings and thoughts on a variety of subjects including, but not limited to, life, death, family, friends, my struggles with addiction, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

Many of these posts you will find serious in nature. I’ve been told that I can get into subjects rather “deep”. I like to think of it as being philosophical. There are other times when I will try to lighten the mood.
13. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
No

blog comments powered by Disqus

Inspirational Quotes

  • "Today is not yesterday: we ourselves change; how can our works and thoughts, if they are always to be the fittest, continue always the same? Change indeed is painful; yet ever needful; and if Memory have its force and worth, so also has Hope." -- Thomas Carlyle
  • "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self." -- Aristotle
  • "One must never lose time in vainly regretting the past or in complaining against the changes which cause us discomfort, for change is the essence of life." -- Anatole France
  • Never give in... never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force... never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. ~Winston Churchill
  • Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them. ~Hugh Miller, Snow on the Wind
  • "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -- C. S. Lewis
  • I am bigger than anything that can happen to me. All these things, sorrow, misfortune, and suffering, are outside my door. I am in the house and I have the key. -- Charles Fletcher Lummis
  • The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.-- Dolly Parton
  • "If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams." -- Les Brown
  • "We are like tea bags -- we don't know our own strength until we're in hot water." -- Sister Busche
  • "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." -- Elbert Hubbard

Quotes On Grief

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love." - Washington Irving

"He that conceals his grief finds no remedy for it." - Turkish Proverb

Grief is a tidal wave that over takes you,smashes down upon you with unimaginable force,sweeps you up into its darkness,where you tumble and crash against unidentifiable surfaces,only to be thrown out on an unknown beach, bruised, reshaped...Grief will make a new person out of you,if it doesn't kill you in the making.- Stephanie Ericsson

Tears have a wisdom all their own. They come when a person has relaxed enough to let go and to work through his sorrow. They are the natural bleeding of an emotional wound, carrying the poison out of the system. Here lies the road to recovery. - F. Alexander Magoun

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see. - Helen Keller

So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.
Helen Keller

Grief and sadness knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can; and common sufferings are far stronger than common joys.
Alphonse de Lamartine

Favorite Helen Keller Quotes

  • When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.-- Helen Keller
  • Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.-- Helen Keller
  • The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.-- Helen Keller
  • No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.-- Helen Keller
  • I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.-- Helen Keller
  • Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.-- Helen Keller
  • All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming.-- Helen Keller

My Anniversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Visitors

Registerd & Protected

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
LoneWolf - Find me on Bloggers.com

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP